Tuesday 15 January 2013

2NE1 x Jeremy Scott

Multi-coloured trainers with wings, animal prints on sportswear and bart simpson knitwear, you may be wondering what I am rambling on about this time. Jeremy Scott has been a favourite designer of mine for years, the first time I saw the classic unique winged adidas original trainers, I knew he was a designer I had to know and love. That was at least three years ago and I haven’t been disappointed yet. The list of celebrities that wear Jeremy Scott could go on for so long, with the likes of X Factor’s Jedward sporting the numerous unpredictable adidas trainers Scott has designed to Nicky Minaj in an oversized bomber Jacket/Dress. Last year four piece k-pop girl band 2NE1 returned with a new album and global tour. They announced all of the outfits they wear on tour would be designed by none other than Jeremy Scott. You can imagine how excited I was to find out that my favourite k-pop girl group shared my love of Jeremy Scott. I thought I would share my some of my favourite outfits. I really should write about the evolution of the winged trainers, maybe another time.
2NE1 Leader CL has become very close with the edgy designer and proudly wears his creations. In this shoot for Harper’s Baazer Korea, she wears head to toe Jeremy Scott. I admire the way Jeremy Scott manages to mix bold prints such as flowers with sportswear, CL looks like a feisty female boxer who knows how to be pretty and feminine too. What more could a girl want than to look pretty and feminine in sportswear? I know what I’ll be wearing to the gym new time. I should probably renew my membership right first.

For this Ketchup Magazine shoot  CL has chosen classic black and gold colours, but of course with Jeremy Scott black and gold is everything but a basic combination. The masquerade style glasses work perfectly with the bold prints on the bomber jacket and dress.

‘Ghetto Fabulous’ is one way to describe this look, a term I would have never thought would be using to describe my favourite looks. What is more ‘ghetto fab’ than slicked baby hair, pink fur coats, clashing prints and colours? Compared to Dara’s harshly criticised teddy bear trousers, this look is quite tame, I love how it reminds me of the good old Lil’ Kim days.

No comments:

Post a Comment